One of the most common questions I get from corporate executive headshot clients in Boston is, “What should I wear?” My suggestion is to always keep it simple. As you can see on my executive headshot portfolio, men and women both look great in classic suits with very subtle or no patterns. When people view an image, their eyes tend to go the lightest part of the image. And in the case of a great headshot, you want the lightest area to be your face. If a woman wears a short sleeve or a sleeveless shirt, the viewer’s eye will not focus on the face (and more importantly, the eyes). Choose clothing colors that compliment your skin tone. If you have fair skin, stay with a light colors, like blues or grays. If you want to add some bold color, a colorful shirt under a dark jacket can look good. Ladies, shirts with low necklines can look inappropriate after the image is cropped.
- Medium to dark solid clothing.
- Little or no patterns.
- A clean shave for men in the morning.
- Avoid white shirts, unless wearing a darker colored jacket over them.
- Avoid short sleeves or no sleeves.
- Ladies: stay with classic, simple jewelry.
- Ladies: avoid tops with low necklines.
That’s it. If you follow these clothing suggestions, you will be very pleased with your finished headshot image. Having created thousands of professional business headshots for men and women from Boston and nationwide, I guarantee you will be happy with your headshot. Please contact me if you have any questions at all.
Latest posts by Donis Perkins (see all)
- How to select a Boston headshot photographer for your business - February 15, 2019
- Why Board of Directors Meetings = The Perfect Time for Updated Corporate Headshots - September 4, 2015
- How Corporate Headshot Photographer Donis Perkins Can Help You - April 16, 2015